Tick tock. Previously used to describe the ticking of a clock. Today, it conjures up images of millennials and Gen Z dancing, lip-syncing, or posing in front of their phones.
You’ve likely heard of the app. Or you must have seen the short-form videos posted online. These videos sometimes receive a mixture of reactions. From enthusiasm to concern to downright confusion.
In this post, we’ve gathered the frequently asked TikTok questions to better understand the app. And who knows, you might create the next viral video.
Before We Answer Common Tiktok Questions, What is TikTok?
TikTok is THE latest social media app that surged to fame during the lockdown. In fact, it has surpassed 2 billion global downloads.
TikTok is a social media app where you can create and share 15- to 60-second videos. This app allows users to combine videos with music and other audio.
According to TikTok, their mission is to “capture and present the world’s creativity, knowledge, and precious life moments”.
A word of caution: Once you start scrolling through, you won’t be able to stop. It’ll continue to feed you video content until you purposefully stop or your phone battery dies.
Top Frequently Asked TikTok Questions
What Can You Share On TikTok?
TikTok has a bit of everything. From lip-syncing to dancing to challenges, you name it. But preparing these videos might need some effort.
You will need to edit, add music, and do a test run before posting it. Here are a few of its features:
- Music: This app has a great range of music options. You can add any of the audio in your video, remix them, add effects, or simply use it to discover new songs.
- Photos: You can turn the photos into animated shares. Add filters and other edits to make it more eye-catching.
- Filters: TikTok also has a wide range of filters.
Basically, this app is like a combination of Snapchat, Instagram Stories, IGTV, and Twitter.
Is TikTok Safe For Kids?
This is one of the most frequently asked TikTok questions. And it’s understandable. As a parent, you want to make sure that your child isn’t exposed to harmful and disturbing content.
But using social media always comes with risks. Especially for children.
TikTok, like other social media apps, is intended for kids 13 years and older. But some kids pretend to be older than they are. Unfortunately, older people can also pretend to be younger than they are to engage with younger individuals.
Additionally, the app’s “For You” page does not filter the user’s age. What does this mean? It means videos, photos, or any content of younger children can be shown in the feed of older individuals.
That said, it’s best to be cautious. With proper supervision, TikTok can be perfectly safe and fun for everyone.
Can You Control How Often You Can Use The App?
Worried about the amount of time your kids spend on TikTok?
Learn how to set parental controls on their phone. These controls work whether they’re using IOS or Android.
- Go to their phone’s Privacy and Settings
- Locate Digital Wellbeing
- Then tap Screen Time Management
Here you can set the amount of time they can spend on an app. You can also set a passcode to prevent them from using the app past the allotted time.
Can You Make Money On TikTok?
This is another one of the most frequently asked Tiktok questions. The short answer is, yes. You can make money on TikTok.
But not directly.
What you can do is start growing your account and become an “influencer”. Then you can use your account to promote products.
Influencer advertising is in vogue right now. More and more brands are reaching out to individuals with high followings on social media to connect with their market.
Here are other ways you can make money on TikTok:
- Grow your account then sell it. Choose a topic, build an engaging community around it, then reach out to brands. Once brands have access to that account, they can start selling their products.
- Go Live and collect donations. This is more common on other platforms like Twitch. But TikTok also has this feature. Basically, viewers can donate “coins” to their favorite creators. The creators can then turn “coins” to “diamonds” which can then be converted into cash through PayPal.
- Offer TikTok management services. If you’re a social media manager, you can offer your services to creators to help them with their accounts. You can manage their offers, deals, or offer creative content strategies.
Who Is The Top TikTok Influencer in the Philippines?
Yanyan De Jesus is at the top of the list of TikTok Filipino influencers, according to ListenPh. As of writing this article, they have 9.7 million followers with over 308.7M likes.
But Bella Poarch might give them a run for their money. Bella Poarch now has over 24M followers since going viral over a controversial slip-up in her video.
Will TikTok Get Banned In The Philippines?
There are no plans to ban TikTok in the Philippines, according to Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque.
Additionally, the administration will not ban any kind of website in the country. They claim to support freedom of speech.
Do You Have More Tiktok Questions in Mind?
Just like any social media platform, moderation is key to enjoying TikTok. With the stress brought about by the pandemic, creating and posting content is a welcome distraction.
Working on a viral TikTok dance or challenge can be a great way to stay engaged. When done safely, it could be extremely fun.